Postdoc Position to Establish a Water Quality Monitoring System
EPFL - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
To establish a water quality monitoring system at the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory (EML), School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ENAC), at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. The focus at EML is on microbiology with numerous projects dedicated to geomicrobiology – the study of the role of microbes in geochemical processes – and a growing number of projects focused on gut microbiology.
The project is part of large interdisciplinary effort aiming at establishing an urban digital twin. This project aims to investigate whether measures to increase infiltration positively impact water quality.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Design and purchase the monitoring system;
- Deploy the system and maintain it;
- Collect and process the data;
- Set-up a data portal;
- Coordinate with partners in the projects;
- Evaluate the impact of changes in the infiltration coefficient on water quality;
- Collaborate with partners on hydrological characterization of the field site;
- Write publications;
- Attend and present at international conferences.
- Educational background in engineering;
- Experience in environmental sensing;
- Language: fluent English;
- Self-motivation, scientific curiosity, critical thinking and rigor in experiment work;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of an international team;
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, good organizational skills, versatility.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.