Postdoc - Soskic Lab Genomics Research Centre (Grant Open Targets)
HT - Human Technopole
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: February 22th 2024
HT is a new interdisciplinary research institute, created and supported by the Italian government, whose aim is to develop innovative strategies to promote human health and aging through a multidisciplinary and integrated approach, combining genomics, computational and structural biology and neuroscience, as well as data and decisions sciences.
The Soskic group at HT is looking for a candidate with expertise in cellular immunology. Soskic group uses a wide range of immunological and genomic assays to study B cell biology, antibody diversity and variation in the human immune system in health and disease https://humantechnopole.it/en/research-groups/soskic-group/.
We are seeking for an enthusiastic and motivated postdoc with strong immunology background to join our interdisciplinary team on an ambitious project that will use cutting-edge techniques to study how genes associated with immune diseases modulate B cell functions.
This project is funded by Open Targets (https://www.opentargets.org/), grant number OTAR3086, which represents a collaboration between academic and industrial partners aiming to identify new drug targets. The project will be in close collaboration with Dr. Gosia Trynka at Wellcome Sanger Institute, Cambridge UK. As a part of the project, the candidate will have a short stay at Trynka lab at Wellcome Sanger Institute (1-3 months).
The successful candidate will report to Blagoje Soskic.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leverage the recent advances in CRISPR to link genes important for immune diseases to B cell functions;
- Reveal the underlying molecular mechanisms of autoimmune disease susceptibility and define new routes for therapeutic intervention;
- Managing experimental and analytical workflows within their project;
- Generating reliable data for publication in the projects to which they are assigned and recording all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic);
- Publishing reproducible research;
- Interacting and supporting other group members whenever needed;
- Sharing and discussing research results with partners and collaborators.
- PhD in immunology, cell biology or genomics (or expected to complete PhD by May 2024).
- Experience with B cell isolation, manipulation, activation and culture;
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing;
- Experience in flow cytometry;
- Broad technical and scientific understanding of immunology and genomics;
- Experience and understanding of genomic methods (e.g. scRNAseq, CRISPR screens) are desirable but not essential.
Organizational and social skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and to work independently;
- Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please apply online by sending a CV and motivation letter in English, and contact information for three references.
Why Human Technopole
- HT seeks scientific excellence, we recruit the best scientific talents through international, open calls;
- Our working environment is international, friendly and inclusive. Our scientists work together across disciplines on research topics of biomedical relevance, leveraging synergies between their diverse skillsets and methodological approaches;
- We believe that highly diverse teams yield the best and most innovative results;
- We engage in outward-facing scientific activities aimed at benefiting the national and international research community. Training is also at the heart of our activity, with initiatives and opportunities for our staff, including scientific courses, conferences and workshops.
- Welfare plans;
- Canteen service;
- Work-life balance provisions;
- Italian language training for foreigners;
- Maternity leave up to 1 year and other support for new parents;
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote working policy;
- Support for relocation.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who are part of the protected categories list, according to L. 68/99.
Number of positions offered: 1
Contract offered: CCNL Chimico Farmaceutico, Fixed-term - 3 years - Employee level.
Salary indication: up to 40k
Tax benefits where applicable.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.