Professor of Electricity Supply
TUT - Tallinn University of Technology
The Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics invites applications for the position of Professor of Electricity Supply (tenure track). The Professor of Electricity Supply shall be responsible for development of a team with the goal for high-level academic and R&D work in the field of microgrids, energy storage, energy demand side management, energy and resource efficiency.
The Professor will be responsible for conducting research, supervising bachelor's, master's and doctoral students, applying for research funding, project management, coordinating the work of the research group and providing advice to various parties in his or her field of expertise. An important aspect is representation of the university in preparing national vision and strategic documents in the field of electrical engineering and providing knowledge-based input for the preparation of the documents.
- Academic work and composing of study material;
- Supervising master’s and doctoral students;
- Managing R&D projects, developing infrastructure, and composing successful application of funding;
- Publishing on high-level international journals and conferences;
- Interdisciplinary work between different research group leaders in Estonian Centre of Excellence in Zero Energy and Resource Efficient Smart Buildings and Districts ZEBE.
- Participation in scientific, organising or administrative commissions and committees on university, national and international level;
- Popularisation of energy and resource efficiency measures in industry, including Green Manufacturing concept based cooperation, and training of engineers;
- Cooperation with scientific journals and reviewing scientific papers;
- Participation in composing of energy strategies and development plans on national level;
- Popularisation of research field.
- Doctoral degree on electrical drives and power electronics, electrical engineering or electrical power engineering;
- Teaching experience of bachelor’s, master’s and PhD students;
- Successful supervision of master’s and doctoral students;
- Successful management educational development projects including sponsorships, supports and grants for infrastructure, teaching materials and books;
- Primary investigator and manager of several R&D projects;
- High scientific-administrative activity/capacity;
- Active speaker in described field.