Postdoc Position: Exoplanet Atmospheres - Links to Observations
Austrian Academy of Sciences
The successful candidate will be part of Prof Christiane Helling’s research group Exoplanets: Weather & Climate at the IWF which is part of the ÖAW’s effort to expand the theme of exoplanet research at the Space Research Institute (IWF) Graz.
- Link complex modelling results (e.g., 3D atmospheres, cloud modelling) to observations
- Scientific data interpretation (e.g., CHEOPS, JWST) and preparation for PLATO, Ariel and other future missions
- Publication and support in proposal writing activities
- PhD in the relevant fields of astrophysics
- Experiences in interpreting ground based and space instrumentation data
- Experiences in 3D retrieval, polarimetry and/or gas-cloud radiative transfer modelling
- Experiences in scientific programming and publishing
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.