Postdoctoral Researcher for Solid-state Battery Prototypes
We are looking for a researcher to collaborate in the Cell Prototyping group and in the Ceramic Electrolyte research line of CIC energiGUNE. The person will be dedicated to the research and development of the new generation of solid-state Li-ion batteries. The Researcher position is offered in the framework of a European collaborative project gathering other research center institutions.
The role of the selected candidate will be the manufacturing of solid-state pouch cell prototypes, from the cell design and assembly to the electrochemical testing and post-mortem characterization. This activity lies within the scientific areas of new process development, cell manufacturing, technology development and transfer and manufacturing engineering.
Main responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Define, design, install and set up a process for assembling solid-state pouch cell prototypes, with special focus on mechanical engineering aspects;
- Assembly of lab-scale cells for the electrochemical characterization of electrodes for prior validation;
- Assembly and electrochemical characterization of pouch cell prototypes for technology validation;
- Investigating mechanisms of cell failure and performing root cause analysis to create mitigation plans;
- Deliver feedback to Research Line Manager and Group Leader to guide the technology validation and scale up;
- Dissemination of the results in project meetings, publications, participation in conferences, etc.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or another related field;
- Knowledge in inorganic electrolytes is highly recommended;
- Background in pouch cell prototype assembly;
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical testing methods such as galvanostatic charging, cyclic voltammetry, and EIS;
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industries;
- The selected candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.