(Senior/Principal) Scientist - Biopharmaceutical Drug Product Design & Modeling
RCPE - Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and apply mechanistic and effective methodologies for advanced biopharmaceutical product profiling, including:
- Mechanistic understanding of pre-formulation/formulation and biopharmaceutics characteristics critically impacting drug release and absorption;
- Development/optimization of innovative in vitro & in silico methodologies for improved IVIVC;
- Develop and maintain a contemporary in-depth understanding of the innovative science and technology used to characterize the biopharmaceutical performance of oral and inhalation dosage forms;
- Implementation of risk assessment approaches to support decision making processes during drug development.
- Develop new scientific ideas, methods and technologies in the field of biopharmaceutics and establish small biopharmaceutics team;
- Execute experimental/simulation work and provide trainings for personnel on biopharmaceutical product profiling tools;
- Support scientific output and supervise scientific project work, including supervision of PhD students and diploma/master thesis;
- Actively participate in project teams/meetings/scientific networks;
- Produce project reports and publish research results in reputed journals.
- A technical or natural scientific MS degree/A PhD and 2-5 years research experience in a field related to the tasks of the project;
- Knowledge of biorelevant dissolution testing, method development as well as in physiologically-based PK (PBPK) modeling with hands-on experience with PBPK software such as GastroPlus;
- Knowledge on oral biopharmaceutics as well as in inhalation biopharmaceutics as an advantage;
- Professional conduct and communication skills in dealing with international clients, partners and colleagues;
- Interest and experience in performing top-level and target-oriented research at the interface of basic science and industrial application.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.