Postdoctoral Researcher in Cancer Immunotherapy Research
University of Turku
The selected postdoctoral researcher will lead research with a special focus on employing innovative flow cytometry techniques, encompassing single-cell multi-color full spectral flow cytometry for immune mechanistic studies leveraged from in vitro and in vivo functional studies. Expectations include designing, implementing, and ensuring accurate data analysis from experiments using cytometric methodologies. The researcher will also perform collaborative research with existing postgraduate students and will be encouraged to develop parallel projects with correlated scientific areas, including cancer immunogenic studies.
Who we are looking for
We expect you to have
- PhD in disciplines such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or similar areas;
- A valid animal work license from Finland or UK/EU and proficiency in tissue culture techniques and single-cell staining, particularly for Flow Cytometry;
- Deep expertise in Flow Cytometry, single-cell tissue processing, and familiarity with tools like FlowJO, along with basic bioinformatics and statistical tools;
- Experience with human/animal sample processing and in therapeutic or drug research;
- Skills in independent reagent preparation design, functional controls for mechanistic studies, and a strong grasp of protocol and inventory management;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, coupled with robust organizational capabilities.
Desirable skills are
- Knowledge of tissue immunofluorescence and microscopy techniques;
- Immunohistochemistry techniques;
- Experience/training with CyTOF sample preparation and data analysis;
- Experience/training with NanoString (nCounter, Geo MX or CosMX);
- Previous training in programming using R/Python.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.