Super-resolution Microscopy Expert VIB Bio Imaging Core
The VIB Bioimaging Core in Leuven plans to add a motivated Microscopy Expert with experience in advanced light microscopy applications, in particular super resolution imaging, to their team. The experts consult, train, and collaborate with users for experimental design, image acquisition, and analysis, primarily in advanced light microscopy applications.
- Discuss experimental setup, including sample preparation, acquisition preferences and image analysis possibilities with users and colleagues;
- Provide training for super-resolution (Airyscan, (lattice)SIM, (spt)PALM);
- Support scientist for advanced light microscopy applications;
- Follow-up evolution of newly trained users;
- Take part in immediate support permanency in the core;
- Support in CLEM projects.
- Master or Ph.D. in Biomedical or Biological Sciences or equivalent through experience;
- Experience in confocal microscopy applications and image analysis is required;
- Expertise in super-resolution microscopy, covering Structured Illumination Microscopy and Single-Molecule Localization Microscopy;
- Mindset for supporting and enabling science of other research labs through offering of expertise;
- Technology minded;
- Team player with strong social, communication and didactic skills;
- Well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks;
- Meticulous and self-motivated;
- Accurate in compiling, documenting and reporting his/her work;
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment;
- Good English skills, both oral and written.
Desirable but not required
- Experience in working in a microscopy core facility;
- Experience in follow-up of life science research projects;
- Interest/expertise in CLEM applications.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.