Radiation Protection Engineer
ESRF - European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Radiation Protection Engineer will work under the supervision of the Head of the Safety Group. Her·his main tasks will be the following:
- Provide assistance to the Head of the Safety Group in various radiation protection tasks;
- Organise the radiation protection follow up of the accelerators, beamlines, X-ray generators, radioactive sources and radioactive samples, in compliance with the ASN authorisation, in particular:
- Organise the internal and external controls, as defined by the French legislation;
- Organise the facility dosimetry;
- Manage radiation protection safety for all interventions in and around the accelerators and beamlines and X-ray generators;
- Manage all radiation protection aspects of experiments with radioactive samples, including transport, non-contamination checks and gamma-spectrometry measurements.
- Management of the different radiation monitors and radiation protection instruments, including the periodic verifications and calibrations;
- Management of the radioactive samples laboratory;
- In her·his role as Head of the Radiation Protection Unit, assume the supervision of several technicians.
- Higher university Degree in Radiation Protection;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, including knowledge and operational experience in radiation physics and radiation protection, and experience in managing technical team;
- Good knowledge of relevant French and European legislation;
- Excellent command, both written and spoken, of the English and French languages;
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- Well-organised, reliable and committed;
- Problem-solving skills and ability to set priorities;
- Sense of confidentiality and discretion.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries;
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges;
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe's Green Capital 2022;
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life;
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble.
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.