Head Training and Outreach Unit, P-4
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Capacity Building and Training Section, International Data Centre Division, (IDC), the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Supervise the provision of services required by the Treaty States Signatories, including special data management, national event screening and technical assistance in the establishment of national data centres;
- Support the development of IDC applications software through testing and evaluation of software package for national data centres;
- Organize training courses and workshops for national data centre staff and station operators and support the integrated capacity building and training programmes of the organization;
- Provide support to bulletin production as required;
- Interact as necessary with the other sections and units in order to ensure smooth implementation of the work;
- Be responsible for the training, coaching and development opportunities of the Unit staff;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in physics, geophysics, acoustics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- At least 7 years relevant working experience in the field of analysis of seismic or acoustic data preferably part of which should have been in an international environment and including a minimum of 3 years in a managerial position with proven ability to supervise staff;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter, Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Shows pride in work and achievements and remains calm in stressful situations;
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Communication: Very good skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Support and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks;
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive relationships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Keeps clients informed of progress and setbacks in projects.