Post-doctoral Research Scientist
TUM - Technical University Munich
- Research on binaural hearing and auditory scene analysis with normal hearing listeners and/or users of auditory neuronal prostheses (cochlear implants); and/or
- Development of techniques for and experiments in interactive audio-visual virtual reality;
- Development of listening tests and statistical analysis of the results;
- Publication in English-language scientific journals and presentations at conferences;
- Supervision of student projects, assistance with teaching and with raising external funding.
- Successfully completed doctoral degree (PhD) in one of the following areas: psychoacoustics, audio technology, acoustics, signal processing, neuroscience, medical physics/audiology, or a related area;
- Knowledge and experience desirable in designing and analyzing psychoacoustic experiments, models of the auditory system, virtual acoustics, audio signal processing, direct stimulation of cochlear implants, algorithms for hearing devices, auditory scene analysis, and binaural hearing;
- Very good programming skills in Matlab, Python, or C/C++;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as experience with scientific publications;
- Knowledge and command of the German language desirable if working with cochlear implant users;
- Interest in basic research and the development of technical systems for medical applications;
- Flexibility and good interpersonal skills;
- Interest in supervising students, helping with teaching, and raising external funds.
Don't forget to mention EuroScienceJobs when applying.