Max Planck Society - CAESAR - Center of Advanced European Studies and Research
We are currently looking for a Lab Manager.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the laboratory in the Department of Computational Neuroethology;
- Train new undergraduate and graduate students, and ensure that laboratory personnel adhere to standard operating procedures;
- Research, order, receive, and distribute laboratory equipment, supplies, and reagents;
- Coordinate the functioning of the laboratory by scheduling the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipment;
- Provide routine technical support, such as preparing standard media and chemical solutions;
- Record, keep, and assist in the preparation of appropriate regulatory documents in German such as animal protocols, hazardous materials and biohazard reports;
- Perform basic neurobiological experiments, including immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, and electron microscopy;
- Document and report experimental results.
- A PhD degree in neurobiology or a related biomedical field;
- At least 5 years experience working in or managing a scientific research lab;
- Prior experience with tissue sample preparation for immunohistochemistry and/or electron microscopy;
- Excellent spoken and written German and English;
- A reliable and independent worker with demonstrable analytical and conceptual thinking;
- Precision and attention to detail;
- The ability to organize and prioritize work and to work as part of a team.