Laboratory Manager (m/f) Particle Engineering Innovation Management
Evonik is one of the world's leading specialty chemicals companies. We concentrate on high-growth megatrends, especially health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. And that means a world of opportunities for you. There's no better time than right now to build your future with us and be a part of our international team. More information: www.evonik.com.
The Nutrition & Care Segment produces and markets essential amino acids for animal feed, is a strategic partner for the health care industry and offers active ingredients, additives and system solutions in particular for high-quality consumer goods and special industrial applications.
For the Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH at the Health Care Business Line we are looking at our site at Hanau (Germany) for a Laboratory Manager (m/f) Particle Engineering Innovation Management.
- Supervision of project-related activities with focus on result efficiency in a cost and time effective manner;
- Management of the laboratory personnel including resource planning, on-the-job/off-the-job trainings to ensure their technical development and a safe working environment;
- Screening, characterization and control of complex polymorphic and solvated systems of small organic molecules by means of crystallization know-how, phase diagrams, relevant analytical methods (X-Ray diffraction, thermal methods) and PAT technologies;
- Development, optimization and scale-up of efficient, as well reproducible crystallization processes, including subsequent solid-liquid separation, drying and milling;
- Development of industrially relevant and reliable procedures to control the purity, the polymorphism and the size and shape distribution of particles by means of suitable technologies like crystal engineering, milling and spray-drying;
- Transfer processes and knowledge to the production sites;
- Assessment of recent technical developments in the field of particle engineering;
- Close customer contact, leading and managing customer and internal research projects.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Engineering with focus on crystallization of organic compounds, or sound knowledge and know-how acquired in fine chemical or pharmaceutical environment;
- Experience and know-how in spray-drying technologies is definitely an advantage;
- Educational background in crystallization science, crystallography, thermodynamics of heterogeneous equilibria and structure and properties of organic materials;
- Fluent English language skills and good knowledge of German, spoken and written;
- Industrial and international experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry desirable;
- Leadership potential, teamwork and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel.
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online. Please address your application to Justyna Redestowicz. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Recruiting Center Team at +49 800 2386645 or +49 201 177 4200.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER: 99541
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.