- Conduct applied research relating to thermal management of high voltage offshore power cables;
- Define and guide thermal experiments to characterize thermal characteristics of different materials;
- Analyze thermal test data and use them as input for analytical and numerical modeling;
- Use numerical and experimental techniques to analyze and validate test data;
- Calculations for electrical and thermal performance of the cable system including current carrying capacity, load cycles, overload, impedances, etc.;
- Accurately predict thermal performance of HVAC and HVDC cables in different subsea conditions.
- Master in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline, complemented by demonstrable expertise in the field of thermal engineering and computational modeling. A Ph.D. is preferred;
- An excellent understanding of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and mass transport;
- Experience with finite element methods is required, by preference Computational Fluid Dynamics and multiphysics analysis;
- Affinity for measurement techniques (by preference fiber optic such as Distributed Temperature Sensing) and experimental set-ups;
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
Besides offering you an exciting technical function and a competitive salary, we are offering you the opportunity to become part of the core team of our young and ambitious company.
Interested? Let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 470193550. We’ll contact you soon!
Position is available in our Ghent office.