Research Associate/Adjunct - The Field of Biological Sciences - Biology
NCU - Nicolaus Copernicus University
Description (field, expectations, comments):
Only those who meet the requirements set out in Article 109 (1) of Higher Education Act of 27 July, 2005 (Journal of Laws No. 164, Item 1365 as amended) (art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 27 lipca 2005 r. - Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (Dz. U. Nr 164, poz. 1365, z pózn. zmianami)) and the following eligibility criteria may enter the contest:
- PhD in biological science;
- important research and publications record in Polish and international scientific journals and speeches in international scientific conferences in physical anthropology and human biology;
- background for research and didactic work in physical anthropology, human biology and ecology. Well appreciated experience in human anatomy and osteology;
- abilities and experience in didactic methods and organization;
- knowledge of classical and innovative scientific methods applied in physical anthropology, human biology;
- experience in obtaining founds for research work;
- advanced computer skills in statistical analysis, graphics, particularly for the development of research results, knowledge of programs: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Statistica, Corel Draw;
- ability to work in a team and high motivation for academic work.
Basic activity of a participant is high quality of scientific research within the frame of the discipline and specialization, which results in publications in domestic and foreign journals and partaking in scientific conferences. Initiatives of domestic and international cooperation as well as authorship or participation in scientific grants’ implementation are required. The other activities of the candidate: didactics (classes, specialization labs, MA thesis supervision) and popularizing and organization activity.
The applicant should present:
- comprehensive general knowledge of the discipline within;
- biology – knowledge of biological evolution mechanisms and genetics;
- thorough knowledge of human anatomy;
- fluent Polish and good English language;
- involvement in individual and team scientific research;
- high level of personal culture.