Postdoctoral Researcher in Small Satellite Technology
The position gives opportunity to work with small satellite platform reliability, novel space plasma and magnetosphere measurement instruments, remote sensing instrumentation and small satellite constellation analysis. The position provides also an opportunity to closely collaborate with Finnish Centers of Excellence on Sustainable Space and ReSoLVE and to work on Aalto University’s Suomi100 and Aalto-3 cubesat projects as well as magnetometer development to G-EPOS and ESTCube-2.
We offer supervision by senior researchers and professors (Jaan Praks, Esa Kallio, Anne Lähteenmäki, Tuija Pulkkinen, Eija Tanskanen and Miina Rautiainen) and inspiring work community and well equipped laboratories and test facilities.
- Proven track record in scientific work and a relevant PhD degree;
- Commitment and active participation on the group's activities on space science and technology, remote sensing and radio-astronomy;
- Guiding of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Writing scientific papers jointly with the other members in the group;
- Hands-on experience with small satellite platform;
- Experience in satellite operations and/or amateur radio;
- Knowledge of electronics design;
- Experience in space systems testing.