Head Of Unit Of Electron Microscopy
CIC Energigune - Energy Cooperative Research Centre
Miñano Alava, Spain
We are now inviting applications for the position of Electron Microscopy Platform Manager in the area of POWER STORAGE; BATTERIES AND SUPERCAPS (EES).
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individual to:
- Serve the needs of all Research Lines of CIC energiGUNE;
- Create high scientific level collaborations between the Electron Microscopy Platform and the Research Lines of CIC energiGUNE;
- Update Platform according to State of the art and research needs: Continuous development of the Platform;
- Proactive networking with other Platforms from other research institutions;
- Supervision of Platform members;
- Write proposals to secure funding from government and industrial sources;
- Coordinate collaborations with industries, universities, and other technical centers.
What we offer
As Platform Manager you will find a flourishing scientific community conducting synergistic research in both the universities and other CIC Labs already operating in the region.
Within your responsibilities as a EM Platform Manager, you will assume a technical role operating the Electron Microscopy Equipments (TEM - TECNAI G2 F20 S-TWIN (FEI), SEM - Quanta 200FEG (FEI), as well as associated spectroscopic techniques (EDS), and platform accessories (cooling holder, etc.).
You will also be responsible for their maintenance as well as development, functioning and methods. This position will also require your participation in research projects, and outreach events.
What we need
- Ms preferably Physics or Chemistry. PhD is not compulsory but will be valuable;
- Specific knowledge of electron microscopy and related imaging, diffraction and spectroscopy techniques applied to electrochemistry for Batteries and Supercaps;
- At least 3-4 year experience participating in sample preparation for EM and research projects related to this field. (please attach specific publications or recommendations);
- Ability to analyse and solve problems associated with research outputs;
- Self-motivated with willingness to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Basque will be considered useful but not compulsory.