Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager
IOFI - International Organization of the Flavor Industry
IOFI is an international non-profit association of national and regional flavor associations and individual companies. The head office is located in Geneva, Switzerland. The operational staff is based in Brussels, Belgium and Washington DC (USA).
The International Organization of the Flavor Industry advances the global trade of safe, responsibly produced flavorings that respect the environment and enrich the lives of consumers. IOFI maintains and strengthens thought leadership regarding the safety of flavorings, thereby advocating for the consistency of approaches used globally for the safety assessment of flavoring ingredients. IOFI facilitates a harmonized approach to flavoring regulations that supports a global industry.
1. Key Responsibilities
- Provides support to the Steering Committee and the responsible superiors for the key regulatory and scientific activities projects of the Organization;
- Manages the IOFI Regulatory Database;
- Coordinates the regular updates of IOFI’s key guidance documents (e.g. Labelling Manual, Global Reference List etc.);
- Organizes, moderates assigned technical committees and provides scientific & regulatory input;
- Prepares IOFI regulatory & scientific positions in close coordination with the competent working groups;
- Responds to membership queries.
2. Qualifications & Required Skills
- Ph.D or equivalent in life chemistry, biochemistry, food science or related field;
- Industry related experience preferred (Food Sector or Chemical Sector);
- Experience with project management;
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) in English; more languages are an asset;
- Ability to translate complex information into concepts that are easily understood;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint);
- Experience with database management and advanced chemistry software tools;
- Excellent planner, organizer and initiative taker;
- Engagement, commitment and hands-on mentality are crucial qualities;
- Flexibility to travel.
3. Job offer
- Professional, stimulating, international office environment in Brussels;
- Competitive remuneration package.
Please send your application to email@example.com.