Researcher Development of Innovative Pet Neuroimaging Radioligands
University of Antwerp
The Molecular Imaging Center Antwerp (MICA) is a dynamic team focussing on (pre)clinical, multimodal imaging medical research from molecule over small animal to first-in-man.
- Research will cover implementation of (semi-)automated radiosynthesis of 11C and 18F labeled radiotracers for neuroimaging;
- Implementation of new 11C and 18F radiochemistry;
- Implementation of quality control systems for new radiotracers;
- Setting up plasma metabolite analysis systems using HPLC and/or SPE;
- Training and daily guidance of lab technicians for routine production and analysis (QC, metabolites) of radiotracers;
- You will manage a portfolio of research results and report simultaneously to the individual research partners involved.
Profile and requirements
- Master in Radiopharmacy, Radiochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or Molecular Imaging;
- A PhD degree in above mentioned study fields is a plus;
- Experience in radiochemistry/radiopharmacy with specific emphasis on 11C and 18F radiochemistry;
- Knowledge of molecular imaging or neurobiology is a plus;
- Experience with working in a GMP environment is a plus;
- Excellent English communication skills, knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Highly competitive candidate who enjoys challenging projects;
- Candidate should be quality-oriented, conscientious, creative, and cooperative.