TUT - Tallinn University of Technology
The Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology invites applications for a professor (tenure track) position in bioinformatics. We seek an exceptional individual with expertise and a track-record in multi-disciplinary research. The appointee will be required to teach and supervise BSc, MSc and PhD students; develop the curriculum, mentor post-docs, conduct research in important areas of bioinformatics, collaborate with other research groups and stimulate research activities at TTÜ.
Requirements for the candidate
- PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
- postdoctoral experience;
- proven competence in bioinformatics – sequence analysis, structural modeling, metabolic modeling or other relevant areas;
- interest and experience in teaching and supervising (BSc, MSc and PhD level);
- independent research experience;
- good publication record;
- excellent teaching skills;
- ability to apply for and obtain funding from national as well as from international sources;
- ability to work independently and to cooperate with others;
- fluency in both written and oral English.
- experience in supervising PhD students;
- experience in development and application of bioinformatics methods in different fields of modern biological research;
- research leadership experience and experience in coordinating research activities;
- remarkable ability to initiate and attract collaboration projects.