Head - GCI and Network Operations Unit
CTBTO - Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Operations Section, International Data Centre Division, (IDC), to:
- Provide support for the implementation and activities of the Section for operations of the Global Communications Infrastructure (GCI);
- Provide support for the internal computer networks of the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) Headquarters;
- Be responsible for the supervision, training, coaching and development opportunities of the staff of the Unit. Organize and optimize the scheduling and the review of tasks within the Unit in coordination with the other Unit Head in the Section and the Chief, and recommend and implement plans to enhance efficiency in the execution of tasks;
- Be responsible for the monitoring and troubleshooting of problems with GCI, and PTS Headquarters networks;
- Lead or participate in projects to improve PTS Operations, develop procedures, design and write terms of reference for contracts so support and insure smooth operations;
- Participate in the development of Operations Section’s business plans as they relate to PTS operations and prepare the annual budget for the Unit for integration into the Section budget;
- Interact with the other sections and units of the Division and PTS in order to ensure smooth implementation of operations functions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, with an emphasis on satellite communications, networking and network communications protocols and equipment. Relevant industry standard certifications are an asset;
- At least seven years relevant work experience at least two of which should have been in the management of staff, preferably in an international environment; experience in managing both wide-area and local network communications systems, satellite communications. Proven diagnostic skills for a wide variety of computer applications including TCP/IP communications systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Working knowledge of one of the other official languages of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission is an asset.
- Professionalism: Professional competencies in the related field of work; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; able to work independently with minimum supervision; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations;
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize work consistent with the strategic goals of the Section; to identify priority activities and assignments and to ensure the effective monitoring and implementation of work plans;
- Communication: Very good skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds;
- Teamwork: Very good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Technological Awareness: Ability to keep abreast of developments and relevant technologies applicable to the profession;
- Client Orientation: Ability to identify clients’ needs and establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Decision-making: Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
For more details and to apply for this job click here